Petcube, Inc. is a leading technology company that keeps people connected with their pets. It has emerged as a technology leader, claiming a new category of Connected Pet that’s defined at the intersection of Connected Home and Pet Care.
We are looking to hire a great Android developer who has a passion for development pixel perfect UI. Who wants to work in a “product” environment and has the gut to initiate and execute new tasks. The one who seeks more independent kind of work, in terms of doing things without receiving a “corpuscular” specification prior to that.
- Petcube Android app development (writing code)
- Prototype new and redesign features
- Bugfix and maintain our app in a good shape
- Strong coding abilities and experience with Java and Android SDK
- Development of current architecture and take part in the planning of its future
- Minimum requirement of 1.5 years consistently working on Android
- Experience of building Android applications in Java using Android SDK
- Strong understanding of object-oriented software development
- Programming experience in Java and related frameworks
- Understanding of multithreading and memory management specific to mobile devices and caching mechanisms
- Experience in understanding large codebases, including API design techniques
- Familiarity with RxJava
- Knowledge in UI design principles and making apps work intuitively
- Quick learner, with a passion for new technologies (React Native)
- Unstoppable desire to make technology and design decisions to deliver a fast, secure and insanely usable app. Proactivity is expected
- Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think out the box
Nice to have
- Experience with React Native
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with NDK, C/C++
- Tests writing skills (JUnit, Espresso, Mockito, etc.)
- Experience in audio/video streaming, related libraries (FFmpeg, etc.)
- Own published apps on Google Play
- Own projects on Github\Bitbucket
- Experience in Linux
- Great compensation package based on your experience and company-wide benefits
- A team of 30+ professionals and their pets all of whom you will be excited to see every time you come to the office
- A demanding and satisfying startup environment that facilitates rapid personal growth, fueled by a fusion of Silicon Valley Engineering culture and founding team’s work ethics
- Flexible Hours - people expected to be in the office for certain hours every day, but no one counts your time and never will
- We only work with people who are excited and take pride in the work they do
Petcube is the leader in the Connected Pet space, and the maker of the best-selling pet cameras and software, connecting people to their pets.
Our products enable people to see, talk, play, and feed their pets remotely while keeping them safe and healthy.
Our innovative products include Petcube Bites, an advanced treat camera, and Petcube Play, the best-selling interactive pet cam. Critically acclaimed with product and innovation awards, you will be joining a growing organization with enormous potential in the $68B pet care market in the US. We’re passionate about our social mission in support of animal welfare and rescues, and you can have a direct impact on improving the lives of pets everywhere.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org