We are reimagining pet care! An exceptional opportunity to join a revenue-generating startup building a Mobile App, Community, and Consumer Electronics Hardware combination to serve the $60B+ Pet Care market. We make a practical and highly entertaining product for hundreds of millions of committed and loving pet owners. Our product has been critically acclaimed by a number of publications, including The Wall Street Journal, Wired, Forbes, Fast Company, ABC News, Business Insider, TechCrunch, BBC, and others. You will be joining a growing organization with enormous potential. In addition to an equity stake, this is an opportunity to do some social good, improve animal welfare and be a part of an international team building the next great Consumer Electronics brand.
We are looking for an aggressive Sales/Business Development leader who can tear down walls and blaze through a myriad of obstacles to accomplish company goals while driving sales and bringing awareness to the new Connected Pet Category. A natural born elite-level sales professional, with a keen appreciation for the Art of the Deal, whose track record speaks for itself and whose network is a reflection of his or her ability to negotiate and consummate partnerships within consumer electronics, pet, national retail and e-commerce channels. As a passionate advocate for 24/7 pet care, you will deliver with honesty, integrity, and excellence.
Our ideal candidate is a mid-level Sales/Business Development leader who is ready for greater responsibilities and growth opportunities, with the willingness to be hands on and do whatever it takes to build out sales and our organization. And while we “want it all” by way of experience and qualifications, passion for animals, as well as our product, professional drive, strong instincts and high emotional intelligence can take precedence.
Previous employment may include marquee CPG firms; Consumer Electronics companies; Pet companies as well as established startup companies. Pet owners and passionate pet people a plus.
This is a key hire reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Hit the ground running to manage customer relationships and develop new business.
- Become a domain expert in Pet Care and IoT Industry; Deliver thought leadership within accounts as a category resource to drive awareness and build the category.
- Create new item launch strategies that leverage retail marketing partnerships.
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and close strategic deals; analyze and understand the critical factors driving decision making.
- Build and execute goals, strategies and action plans. Develop proposals and sales presentations; supplement as needed with account specific programming.
- Collaborate with internal teams to execute priorities in a fast paced fluid environment.
- Develop a strategic pipeline of new business with SVP.
- Develop processes, infrastructure, sales, and marketing partnership requirements for successful partner engagements.
- Develop and manage business forecasts which clearly aligns to goals; develop sales target business models to analyze deals and performance.
- Continually evaluate market trends to identify new opportunities and channels.
- Track market penetration and identify successes and failures.
- Represent our company as spokesperson, evangelist and pet ambassador.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 year experience of tangible results in hands-on Business Management / Development roles.
- 1-2 year startup experience a plus.
- Pet Care, CE, Luxury/Department Store industry & National Accounts experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Business Development Processes and Key Account customer management.
- Expertise negotiating complex contract negotiations in retail and partnerships.
- Excellent business sense and instincts.
- Exceptional analytical and numbers skills; Ability to solve problems and come up with creative solutions to close deals.
- Ability to successfully function and make the right decisions in the company that is still evolving.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Exhibits Passion for Pets, or Pet Parent a plus.
- Product line expansion experience.
- Sales operations and project management experience.
Strong organization and account management skills, Detail Oriented, Superb Negotiating Skills, Analytical Thinker, Communication, Customer Focused, High Standards of Integrity, Results Driven, Organizational Awareness, Planning, Creative Thinking and Problem Solving and People/Relationship Management.
BS or BA. MBA is preferred.
Reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
Competitive compensation package, sales incentives, friendly work environment, health benefits, lunch program, pet-friendly office.
Qualified candidates, please send your LinkedIn profile link, CV and a brief intro.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org