The Web & Mobile Engineering team’s work is the first customer entry point for Petcube products and services. As such this team has a pivotal role in delivering Petcube customer experience. We're looking for the right Head of Web & Mobile Engineering team to help us take our efforts to the next level.
In this role, you'll lead a highly dynamic team that designs and implements cutting-edge software for high throughput, low latency video and e-commerce systems. These systems support e-commerce, computer vision, deep learning and machine learning efforts for both existing products as well as research and development.
- 5-10 years of technical experience. 3 years of management experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications systems design and integration with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies.
- Needs to be a strategic thinker, who is able to combine technical skills with overall business strategy and utilize creative solutions for problem resolution and application development.
- Must have a thorough understanding of scalable, secure and robust architectures for achieving end-to-end performance, scalability, availability, reliability, usability, configurability, integration and security.
- Must have a passion for Technology, combined with solid conceptual understanding and hands-on programming experience with Web or Android or iOS technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, with ability to create and deliver effective presentations to upper management and Technical Architects across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in the Technology space and the ability to influence and optimize input from key stakeholders in the standard setting process.
- Proven ability to participate in, and contribute simultaneously to, multiple work streams including planning, logistics, communication, and follow up across a diverse and virtual team.
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and technologies is a plus
- Experience in React JS or React Native is a plus.
The Head of Web & Mobile Engineering team will be part of the product team working on applications that power e-commerce, signalling and video platforms.
So what will make you successful in this role? At the very least, we'll need to make sure you have experience with the following:
- Lead teams in iterative product development using lean principles
- Build and lead a high-performance team of software engineers
- Bring a strong technical foundation; able to engage the team on architecture and design, and get under the hood of complex architectures, systems, and interface design
- Foster innovation and experimentation, delivering software solutions that meet or exceed customer and stakeholder expectations, often helping shape business requirements in a manner that optimally leverages technology teams
- Deliver/develop software and tools that provides superior user experiences, linking customer needs and business drivers together through innovative product engineering and automation
- Collaborate successfully with product, designers, and a broad set of internal technical partners (across multiple internal groups)
- Ensure product releases are high quality, deliver excellent user experiences, perform seamlessly at scale, and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Partner with peers to identify opportunities for code sharing, common services, joint development, etc
- Keep up with the latest industry research and emerging technologies to ensure we are appropriately leveraging new techniques and capabilities
- Demonstrate accountability while leading people with passion, enthusiasm, loyalty and integrity. Own and lead HR processes such as performance reviews, talent development, etc.
- Consistently question assumptions, challenge the status quo, and push for improvement
- Never settle for being “good enough”
- BS/MS in CS/CE (or equivalent experience)