Topics we love
- Pet care tips (health, safety, training, etc.)
- Inspiring pet stories
- DIY videos
- Pet shopping guides
- Creative & funny listicles
Voice & tone guidelines
- Be casual but smart.
- Use a friendly, conversational tone.
- Sense of humor is highly appreciated
- Be passionate about what you write.
- Let your personality come through in your writing.
- Most importantly, be human. After all, you are one.
- Write in short paragraphs (100-150 words)
- Use short words and sentences
- Use active voice
- Don’t overuse gerund
- Use power (call-to-action) verbs
- Use descriptive headers and subheaders
- Replace weak words
- Focus on your message
- Check your text with Hemingway editor
- Have a catchy headline. (We suggest using Headline Analyzer.)
- Make your intro short and simple.
- All submissions must be original content.
- Make sure to include images. Remember that you must own the rights to them or use free stock photos.
- Don’t forget to provide your short bio.
- Links to the external content are allowed only if they add value for user or support provided information (statistics, historical data, research, case studies, doctor or vets recommendations, etc.)
- Provide sources for stats, graphics, etc. Refer to the trusted sites only.
- If you’re referencing a body of research or study, please link to the study, research or an article summarizing that research from a reputable source like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, TIME, CNN or Scientific American.
- For health and medical facts, hospital/university-affiliated websites, National Institutes of Health sites and study links are preferred over less credible sources.