What is Amazon Alexa
Alexa is a smart voice-enabled personal assistant developed by Amazon. It was first used in Amazon’s Echo and Echo Dot devices and is now available in a range of many other smart home gadgets. New generation Petcube devices Petcube Play 2 and Petcube Bites 2 feature Amazon Alexa built-in while only Alexa skill can be installed on previous generation cameras such as Petcube Bites, Petcube Play and Petcube Camera (don’t come with Alexa built-in).
For more information on how to setup the Petcube skill for Alexa, search for ‘Petcube’ in ‘Alexa Skills’ department on Amazon.com.
How do I setup Amazon Alexa to work with my Petcube?
- Sign into your Amazon Alexa account using this page or Alexa app on your phone.
- Search for and download the Petcube Skill for Alexa
- Link your Petcube account using your Petcube username through your Alexa App or Amazon account
- Start using Alexa to give voice commands to Petcube cameras
Amazon also has a great guide on how to setup Alexa skills.
If you are unable to set up Amazon Alexa integration, a firmware update may be necessary. Please contact our support team at email@example.com for assistance.
How do Amazon Alexa voice commands for Petcube cameras work?
After you’ve downloaded and installed the skill, use the following voice commands with Alexa:
PETCUBE BITES TREAT CAMERA
Alexa Skill Phrases:
- Alexa, ask Petcube to treat [your pet’s name]
- Alexa, ask Petcube to treat my pet
- Alexa, ask Petube to fling treats
- Alexa, order more treats
Note: After You say an Alexa Skill phrase (above), Alexa will respond with a phrase like “Here you go!, Yummy!, etc.”
PETCUBE PLAY and PETCUBE CAMERA
Alexa Skill Phrases:
- Alexa, ask Petcube to play with my pet
- Alexa, ask Petcube to play with [your pet]
- Alexa, ask Petcube to play for [X] minutes
Note: After you say an Alexa skill phrase (above), Alexa will respond with a phrase like “Play time!”
Note that using the Petcube Skill for Amazon Alexa is completely optional and your Petcube cameras will work without Alexa via the Petcube App.
Amazon, Kindle, Echo, Alexa, Dash, Fire and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
Was this article helpful?
Help us improve our Support Center