New Pet Camera Brings Relationships with Pets to the Digital Age
San Francisco, November 18, 2014— Petcube, the company that keeps people connected with their pets, announced today that it has begun shipping its highly anticipated Petcube Camera just in time for the holiday season. The Petcube Camera, launched on Kickstarter in September 2013, is the first product that allows pet owners to watch, talk and play with their pet from their smartphone, no matter where they are.
“From smartphones to tablets to robot butlers, technology has transformed our lives over the years in many ways. The way we interact with our pets; however, seems to have remained unchanged,” said Yaroslav Azhnyuk, CEO and co-founder of Petcube. “As a team of animal lovers and technology professionals alike, we saw an opportunity to combine our two passions and create a better way for pet owners to interact with their pets despite their busy lifestyles.”
According to research, 60% of U.S. households own a pet and 20% of those pet owners leave televisions on to keep their pets entertained while they’re away from home. With Petcube, pet owners will finally have peace of mind when leaving their pet alone because they are now able to check on their pet anytime, from anywhere.
The Petcube Camera is a sleek, wide-angle, Wi-Fi-enabled camera with real-time HD video. Controlled through Petcube’s free iOS and Android mobile applications, the camera’s top features include:
- Built-in Microphone & Speaker—Pet owners can not only see what their furry friends are up to, but they can hear and speak to them, as well, through the camera’s microphone and speaker.
- Laser Pointer—Owners can play, exercise and entertain their pets via the built-in laser pointer.
- Post pictures — Everyone loves a good pet photo. Pet owners can take pictures of their pets through the Petcube Camera and post them directly to social networks via the app.
- Share with friends, family and the community: Pet owners can share access to their camera under three separate privacy levels:
- Family - these users will have the same level of access as the Petcube owner.
- Friends – Pet owners can set the exact days and time periods when their friends can see their pet, e.g. weekdays, from 9 till 5.
- Public for 15 minutes - after a pet owner selects this option, the Petcube camera will become publicly discoverable for any Petcube app user for just 15 minutes.
Through Petcube’s mobile app – for iOS and Android – users can share photos of their pets taken with their smartphones and Petcube Cameras, find new friends and get inspired with adorable pet photos.
The Petcube Camera retails for $199 and is available for purchase on Petcube.com, Amazon and Fab.com.
Petcube, the company that keeps people connected with their pets, offers a free mobile app for iOS and Android devices as well as a Petcube Camera - an interactive pet monitor. The Petcube Camera is the first product that allows pet owners to watch, talk and play with their pet from their smartphone, no matter where they are. Petcube was funded on Kickstarter and became one of the most successful crowdfunding pet products in history. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Kyiv, Ukraine and Shenzhen, China. For more information visit petcube.com.