If during setup the LED light on the camera is blinking yellow and you hear the message saying “Cannot find the specified network name” or see the screen saying “Connection failed”, there could be a few reasons this is happening and here are a few tips on how to sort this out:
- Incorrect Wi-Fi password. To fix this, simply try setting up the camera over again.
- At the moment of setup your phone was connected to a 5Ghz Wi-Fi. In this case, open up the wi-fi settings on your phone, connect to the 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi, open Petcube app again and start the setup over.
- Check Internet access on your Wi-Fi network
- Make sure the security on your Wi-Fi is set to WPA/WPA2. Additionally, check router settings for any firewalls or other security settings that can potentially block Petcube from connecting to the Internet
- If you want to have the firewall on, you need to open the following ports:
a) TCP port 3335; 220.127.116.11
b) TCP port 443; 18.104.22.16822.214.171.124 (You may not need the UDP ports because they’re rarely blocked, but UDP range should be from 7000 to 7100)
WPS pin code should be disabled (please note that not all the routers have it).
MAC filtering should be disabled. If enabled, a MAC address can be found at the back of the cube.
Was this article helpful?
Help us improve our Support Center