Petcube makes the best-selling pet cameras and software, connecting people to their pets. Our products enable people to watch, talk to, play with and feed pets remotely while keeping their pets safe and healthy.
Petcube is building an A+ team of researchers, engineers, designers and product managers in its Kyiv office. We’re looking to hire a seasoned VP of Engineering with proven experience managing multifunctional Engineering teams and delivering exceptional quality products within strict deadlines. Future VP of Engineering will be reporting to CTO, while working closely with CEO and Product Managers, overseeing and driving operational excellence in engineering across multiple products and technology stacks.
- Work with CTO and product leads to execute a technical vision for Petcube products.
- Lead the development, architecture, and evolution of Petcube’s cloud, computer vision, mobile, web, firmware and other products.
- Promote technical innovation and influence product roadmaps by leading requirements across functions.
- Work across all of engineering teams to deliver quality.
- Work with product managers and engineering teams to plan development roadmaps and deliver timely execution.
- Identify positions we need to hire for, open up vacancies, and interview applicants. Own engineering hiring plan across departments.
- Attract, develop and retain multiple high performing teams (software engineers, tech leads, managers), by offering ongoing coaching, professional growth opportunities, and by cultivating an overall culture that celebrates successes and inspires a drive for risk-taking and overall excellence.
- Identify and remedy underperformance.
- Ensure engineers can have career progress without being a manager.
- Employ agile-based development methodologies, and introduce new modes of development practices aligned with changing business priorities and roadmaps.
- MS in Computer Science.
- Good spoken English.
- A combination of outstanding engineering skills, management experience, and passionate technological leadership.
- 10+ years of proven experience leading the full lifecycle of software development (planning, architecture, implementation), QA, and operations in mobile and web consumer software applications.
- Experience with real-time video streaming, computer vision, embedded software, hardware or engineering for manufacturing is a plus.
- Effectively communicate technical and business risks to stakeholders to ensure informed risk-taking and optimal decision-making.
- Exemplary relationship builder and communicator who is consultative in nature and able to quickly form partnerships across all levels of the organization.
- Creative and conceptual thinker who can play a critical role in business planning, working closely with other senior executives to develop plans, resource requirements, and influence long-term technical and business strategy.
- Experience with both waterfall and Agile development methodologies.
- Great compensation package based on your experience and company-wide benefits.
- A multicultural work environment with communication between Kyiv, San Francisco, and Shenzhen offices.
- A team of 60+ professionals and 20+ pets all of whom you will be excited to see every time you come to the office.
- A demanding and satisfying startup environment that facilitates rapid personal growth, fueled by a fusion of Silicon Valley Engineering culture and founding team’s work ethics.
- Flexible Hours - people expected to be in the office for certain hours every day, but no one counts your time and never will. We only work with people who are excited and take pride in the work they do.
- New gear. We provide you with all the equipment you need to work comfortably and efficiently, from new laptops to standing desks.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org