Incorrect Wi-Fi password
If Petcube app is showing the 'Incorrect Wi-Fi password' error message after the setup, here are a few possible reasons behind that:
- Case sensitivity: check the entered password for uppercase or lowercase characters. Keep in mind that 'Password' and 'password' would be two different passwords because the "P" is uppercase in the first example and lowercase in the second example.
- Password length: check the entered password length and keep in mind that normally the password length is 8+ characters long.
- Keyboard language: check the onscreen keyboard language and make sure you enter password in the correct keyboard layout.
To reset the Wi-Fi password:
- Open the Petcube app.
- Go to the camera profile, tap the 'Settings' wheel in the upper right corner if you use Android or tap the ‘Play’ icon if you use iOS (fig 8.4.1).
- Tap the ‘Settings’ wheel in the upper right corner (fig 8.4.2).
- Select ‘General’ (fig 8.4.3).
- Tap 'Change Wi-Fi' (fig 8.4.4).
- Power up your Petcube, wait 1 minute until it starts up.
- Find a reset pin that came with your device, find the small hole above the USB port if you have Petcube Bites 2 or at the bottom if you have Petcube Play 2, insert the reset pin into it, hold it down for 3 seconds until the light changes to pulsing green and follow the steps on your screen.
Was this article helpful?
Help us improve our Support Center