How long do the funds stay available after activation?
After being referred by our veterinarians, your Emergency Fund is available at your preferred clinic for a maximum of 4 hours. The 4-hour limit is in place to ensure that your pet receives the care they require as quickly as possible. In the case of an emergency, your pet must be treated right away.
Please note that if our veterinarians previously advised a visit to your veterinarian's office and you did not follow through, you will not be eligible for the Emergency Fund. Waiting for medical attention might cause your pet to have an unnecessary emergency, and we do not support medical negligence.
Please see our guide to emergencies below:
- EMERGENCY - Must seek vet care immediately and leave for help now.
- CRITICAL - Highly recommended that the pet be seen within 24 hours.
- URGENT - The pet owner can make the next available appointment with their Vet (Within 3 days).
- NON-URGENT - May need to see a vet at some point in the future.
- NO ACTION REQUIRED - Situation resolved.
Was this article helpful?
Help us improve our Support Center