What ports do I need to open for Petcube on my firewall
If you get this error message, firstly, make sure you have Internet access on your wi-fi by trying to open a few websites on a few devices. If you have Internet access but Petcube still can't be connected, try to reset the device by following these easy steps:
- First, if you have previously set up your Petcube, open the Petcube App, go to 'Home' tab, then select 'Settings' and choose 'Disconnect Camera'.
- Power up your Petcube, wait 1 minute until it starts up, then if you have Petcube Bites or Petcube Play, find a reset pin that came with your device, find a small hole with rest button on the bottom of your Petcube Play or below the USB port on your Petcube Bites, insert the reset pin into it, hold it down for 8 seconds until the Petcube plays a sound and release it. If you have a Petcube Camera, quickly press the start button on the back of your device 7 times in a row.
- Wait until the Petcube Bites or Petcube Play boots up again and starts blinking green. If you have a Petcube Camera, please switch it to setup mode by holding down the start button for 3 seconds until the LED changes to blinking green color.
- Open Petcube app, go to the 'Home' tab, select 'connect your device', pick your Petcube from the list of options and follow the steps on the screen.
If you have a firewall on your wi-fi network or you have a block on some ports, below is the list of ports that need to be open for Petcube:
- cube_ext_ip:7000-7100/udp (optionally, NAT)
Was this article helpful?
Help us improve our Support Center